These chocolate covered pretzel rods are the perfect DIY food gift. Makes a super easy party appetizer too for showers, Valentine’s Day or Christmas!
Every single time I serve these wonderful little treats they are gone in a flash! I love having lots of easy go-to appetizer recipes so I can mix it up a bit at each gathering. These chocolate covered pretzel rods also make a fantastic DIY gift for teachers, co-workers and friends! I love giving these at Christmas and they work great for a Valentine’s Day gift too!
Start by gathering all the ingredients and laying things out on a large flat space (kitchen counter works just fine). Then gather your desired toppings and crush or chop them. I chose to top my pretzels with crushed peppermint, shredded coconut, and chopped nuts. Place each topping in it’s own container for easy dipping.
If you are doing chocolate covered pretzel rods for Valentine’s Day you could totally using colorful sprinkles….or mini white chocolate chips would be a so adorable too!
Snag your medium saucepan (I am OBSESSED with my gorgeous Dansk saucepan!) on low heat and start melting the chocolate.
Once the chocolate has been softened, add milk and whisk it well (in case you were curious about my freaky looking whisk it’s this one: Kuhn Rikon Speed Whisk).
Be careful not to overheat chocolate, just warm until fully incorporated.
Then it’s time to start dipping your pretzels. Dip dip dip. After dipping, roll them and place them on a cookie sheet to cool.
Serve pretzels when cooled, place on a pretty platter and serve to all your awesome friends. Or wrap them up in little cello bags for an adorable gift! Don’t forget to add a pretty ribbon if you are giving them as a gift.
Thank you for supporting The Adventure Bite!
Even if you don’t buy the products shown, starting your Amazon shopping here helps our small family business survive. We earn a small commission from Amazon that helps keep this site running for free!
- 4 (1.5 oz) milk chocolate bars
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of pretzel rods
- Crushed peppermint
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts
- Specialty items: wax paper
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate bars over low heating. Add milk slowly while whisking until incorporated fully. Warm just until incorporated, be careful not to overheat.
- Dip pretzel rods to the desired depth. Roll in desired topping and place on cookie sheet.
- Place in a cool area. Note: Do not place in refrigerator, the chocolate starts to separate.
- Serve or package when fully cooled.