These healthy chocolate crepes are made with whole wheat flour (spelt flour) and honey. They are kid approved and perfect for special occasions!
*The blender for this post and the giveaway were provided by Blendtec. We were not compensated further or required to post a positive review*
We absolutely love crepes and I am always a huge fan of anything that can be made in the blender! Add in chocolate to the equation and I knew we had a sure fire winner.
I was so excited to try out Blendtec’s Blender and Wild Side Jar and I was not disappointed. We have been blending up smoothies every morning, soups, my morning coffee drinks and now these awesome crepes!
Start with some cocoa powder.
Add in four eggs.
1 cup of milk.
1/2 a cup of flour. We love spelt flour but all purpose works too!
Honey and a pinch of salt rounds it out.
Give it a whirl for about 20 seconds and you are ready to cook!
We paired our healthy chocolate crepes with some lightly honey sweetened Greek yogurt, strawberries and the lightest dusting of powdered sugar for the perfect special treat!
We are thrilled to bring you the chance to win your own Blendtec blender!!
We are also very excited to announce our FREE 30 day Kefir Challenge will be opening on April 1st! Be sure to check it out and score some extra entries to win!!
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened chocolate powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup flour (I use spelt but all purpose would work too. Regular whole wheat will work but is heavier.)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey (I liked them at 1 tablespoon but the boys liked them best at 3 tablespoons)
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients for 20 seconds.
- Heat a well seasoned cast iron or non stick saucepan over medium-high heat (6 for me on gas stovetop).
- Add a splash of olive oil or butter to pan to lightly coat.
- Pour ¼ cup batter into measuring cup and hold cup in left hand. With a spoon in right hand quickly pour batter into center and immediately use back of spoon to spread batter evenly into a circle.
- Cook until you can loosen sides with a rubber spatula easily (about 30-45 seconds). Slide a pancake turner underneath crepe and flip it. Cook until finished and transfer to a plate in warm oven until all are completed.
- Serve immediately with honey sweetened yogurt, fruit, whipped cream, powdered sugar etc.