We love cooling off with this refreshing camping Mint Lemonade recipe when we are camping.
Camping mint lemonade recipe is the perfect way to cool off and refresh yourself after a long day conquering the wilderness!
We were recently out on a 3-day trip where we did some exploring each day and we had to keep making batch after batch of this tasty lemonade because the kiddos kept sucking it down every time we came back to camp!
The addition of the mint leaves really bring out the refreshing flavor in every sip of this easy lemonade recipe! You are sure to hear your family ask for a second glass of this one in no time once it is time for refreshments.
You can just stir the sugar into the mixture but it’s vastly improved if you can boil the sugar water first on the campfire or in your camp stove. You can also use honey if you prefer over sugar!
How to make mint lemonade?
Making simple syrup is the first step in making the best mint lemonade. Simple syrup is so easy to make and can be used to make any of your favorite beverages sweeter.
The mixture needs to be heated so the sugar dissolves into the water. Simply allow the syrup time to cool and you have classic simple syrup to use in cocktails and sweet beverages.
What else can go in lemonade?
You can also make your own flavored simple syrups to enhance your lemonade drinking experience. Add herbs, spices, or citrus rind to the hot simple syrup mixture. If you add the additional ingredient the moment the sugar dissolves and leave it there until it cools. You can also add the fresh ingredients as a garnish when serving this mint lemonade.
How long does lemonade last?
This camping mint lemonade recipe will keep well in the ice chest for about 3 days. Camping mint lemonade that has been continuously refrigerated will keep for about 7 to 10 days after making.
Camping Mint Lemonade
We love cooling off with this refreshing Camping Mint Lemonade recipe at home and when we are camping!
- 4 cups water
- 2-4 cups sugar or honey
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice about 12-16 lemons or bottled lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh whole mint leaves
- Medium to large drinking dispenser
Simple Syrup Instructions
- Add water and sugar to a medium sized saucepan over campfire or medium heat.
- Mix allowing the sugar to dissolve fully.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in a mason jar.
Mint Lemonade Instructions
- Add water, lemon juice and mint leaves to a medium to large sized drinking dispenser.
- Add half of the simple syrup and taste.
- Gradually add more simple syrup to reach desired sweetness. Allow mint to steep for as long as desired.
- Serve over ice. Enjoy!