Vegan chili is a meatless meal that is hearty, flavorful, and easy to make. Like many chili recipes, this chili with beans is freezer friendly, making it perfect for meal prep.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1-3 jalapenos chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can kidney bean drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the oil, onion, bay leaves, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt.
2. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers.
Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Mix the tomatoes into the pot.
Stir in the kidney beans and black beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Top with chopped cilantro and limes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 559mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 6g