3poundsOcean Mist Season & Steam Quick Cook Brussels Sprouts
Salt and pepper
1cupof balsamic vinegar
1cupof pomegranate seeds
1/4cupfeta cheese fresh parmesan may be substituted if desired
3-4sprigs fresh thyme
1. Open Season and Steam bag and add olive oil and salt and pepper. Microwave for 5 minutes.
2. If you cannot find this product, toss brussels sprout halves with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast in 400 degree oven until cooked through (about 20-30 minutes depending on size of brussels sprouts)
3. While the brussels sprouts are cooking stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Caution: let bag stand in microwave for one minute before removing.
5. Carefully open the bag and release steam.
6. Heat cast iron skillet over high heat and add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or butter to pan.
7. Add brussels sprouts and fresh thyme to pan, cook until slightly crispy (3-4 minutes).
8. Remove from heat and pour balsamic glaze over and toss.
9. Top with pomegranates seeds and feta. Serve immediately. Enjoy!