Kumquat Chicken Skillet Recipe
This easy kumquat chicken skillet is a simple and quick dinner that is full of gorgeous colors. Just six simple ingredients and dinner is served!
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli organic extra virgin olive oil
- 5 chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1 lb mini purple potatoes cleaned and halved
- 1 lb kumquats cut in half
- 1 cup water
- honey to taste
- handful of fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.2. Toss chicken and potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper.3. Sear in hot oven safe pan (I love cast iron) until nice color develops on chicken.4. Move to oven and cook until chicken juices run clear. Potatoes may not be fully finished cooking when chicken is, if that is the case remove chicken to a covered plate and allow potatoes to finish cooking through.5. Make quick marmalade:6. Add kumquats and water to saucepan. Bring to a boil. 7. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until jam consistency is reached.8. Thin with water if needed. Sweeten to taste with honey if desired.9. Serve in pan with kumquat sauce over chicken. Pairs lovely with garlic bread, salad and a nice bottle of wine. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 155mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 13g