1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. In an oven-safe pan sear the chicken thighs in olive oil until nicely browned.
3. Add almond milk, garlic, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, a handful of parsley and salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to boil.
4. Place in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. Or for up to an hour in a 300-degree oven.
5. Remove cinnamon stick, parsley and bay leaf from pan. Remove chicken to plate.
6. Squeeze lemon juice into a cup and add cornstarch to it and a bit of hot liquid. Whisk quickly to incorporate so it does not form lumps. Whisk into the sauce. Boil the sauce for 1-2 minutes until nicely thickened. Season to taste.
7. Replace chicken and serve with parsley, lemon slices, and rice.