Crispy Baked Chicken Wings with Sticky Honey Garlic Sauce
You may never fry a chicken wing again after you taste these crispy oven baked chicken wings! Get all the tricks and tips for the perfect wings and smother them in a delicious sticky honey garlic sauce. I can't keep the kids (or adults) out of these.
Servings 2 -3 servings
- 1 2 1/2 lb bag chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder <---DO NOT USE BAKING SODA!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 batch Sticky Honey Garlic Sauce or favorite sauce
- Serve with: Sabra Farmer's Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip Cucumber Avocado Salad and sticky rice
1. Ensure that chicken wings are fully thawed if they were frozen. Pat them as dry as possible.
2. Spray a baking/cooling rack liberally with non-stick spray and place it on top of a foil-lined cookie sheet or roasting pan.
3. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and add chicken in a single layer to a baking rack.
4. Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes until the skin starts to look dry.
5. Using tongs remove chicken to a mixing bowl and toss wings in baking powder, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
6. Bake at 425 for 40 minutes, turn wings once midway with tongs.
7. Coat wings in Sticky Honey Garlic Sauce and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Watch carefully as they can burn rapidly once they are covered with sauce!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 1430kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 67g | Fat: 101g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 58g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 314mg | Sodium: 3500mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g