How To Make A Lattice Pie Crust
Folding a lattice pie crust is easy and looks beautiful!
Servings 1 lattice top pie
- 2 batches of perfect flaky pie crust
- 1 egg
- coarse sugar
1. Roll out dough for bottom, place in pan and fill pie crust with filling.
2. Roll out dough for top, cut into 1/2-1 inch strips to your preference.
3. Lay down the first 5 strips in one direction.
4. Fold up strips 2 and 4 and lay down the first cross strip. Replace strips 2 and 4 and lift up strips 1, 3 and 5. Add cross strip.
5. Repeat across entire pie turning when first half is done.
6. Trim edge to 3/4 inch all the way around. Crimp or finish edge to desired finish.
7. Whip egg and brush crust with beaten egg with a pastry brush. Dust with coarse sugar and bake to recipe specifications.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 870kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 790mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g