The Perfect Summer Slaw
A bright and tangy Bok Choi, Apple and Onion slaw. Perfect over sausages, fish tacos or as a stand-alone side.
Servings 5 quarts
- The Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup hard cider
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Everything Else:
- 4 Bok Choy cabbage
- 7 Apples
- 1 Onion or several large shallots
- Handful of Pecans or other neutral nut
1. Simply combine the vinegar, cider, and sugar in a plastic container, stir, and stick it in the fridge. Make enough to have a little pool in the bottom of the bowl once it is tossed with the veggies. Allow to rest 24 hours if at all possible.Everything Else:
2. Chop up the Bok Choy, Apples, Onions, and Pecans.
3. Just before serving toss the veggies and the vinaigrette.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 80mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 69g