A sweet quick bread with all the flavors of carrot cake. The perfect coffee accompaniment.
Servings 1 loaf
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour if using whole wheat instead of spelt do 3/4 cup white 3/4 cup whole wheat
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 banana mashed
- Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts coconut currents, and/or raisins)
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Oil and lightly flour 4 mini loaf pans. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients, including options, mix really well and set aside. Combine all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. Fold moist ingredients into the dry ones gently and only until everything is damp. Over mixing causes the cake to not raise. Pour into the cake pan, avoid smoothing the top around as much as possible to keep air in the batter.
4. Bake at 325 degrees until a toothpick in center comes out clean and bread is still very moist. About 25 minutes.
5. Cream Cheese Frosting:
6. Mix cream cheese and butter well. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 7781kcal | Carbohydrates: 881g | Protein: 166g | Fat: 436g | Saturated Fat: 132g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 273g | Trans Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 1124mg | Sodium: 6232mg | Fiber: 108g | Sugar: 378g