Have I mentioned my newfound love of cocktails? No? Well this is me expressing my new adoration for these little beauties. Where else can you mix a few things together, coat a rim with sugar and get such a wow response?
I recently bought my first drink shaker at World Market. It’s pretty awesome. Feeling like a fancy bartender for under 20 bucks? Total score in my world.
I’ve been mixing, sipping, and carrying cocktail glasses around the house to willing subjects all day….not my children by the way Mostly mom and I have been really suffering together through my test subjects.
Mix, taste, evaluate, tweak, taste, start fresh. This is the world of cocktail creation. Though to be fair by the end of testing everything tastes good so we have to start a new a bit later in the day.
Summer is just around the corner here in chilly Oregon but late Wednesday night I am jumping on a red eye flight and heading out to Miami for BlogHer Food! Thanks to my fabulous sponsor Jarlsberg Cheese (be sure to grab some of their super awesome cheese next time you shop!) I am making the cross county trek for this amazing conference.
I will be learning, volunteering as a live blogger and networking my buns off. But I’ll probably also be sneaking in a few minutes in the sun and I thought this cocktail would be a perfect summer treat for you guys to make while I am away!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up with all the fun photos from this weekends craziness!
It’s so easy to make and it looks super impressive too. Have you ever had watermelon juice? It is heavenly and so refreshing! The lime juice perfectly offsets the sweetness of the watermelon juice and the vodka is light and refreshing to not compete with the lovely simple flavor of the watermelon. This is perfect for summer entertaining and would also work awesome for a girly shower or party.
- ¾ cup watermelon juice *see note below
- Juice of two large limes (2 tablespoons)
- 2 oz. vodka
- Rim glasses with sugar:
- Do this by slicing a lime in half and then almost in half again. Slide the rim of glass between two sides of the lime half and squeeze the lime together. Run the lime around the rim of the glass.
- Place sugar in a small bowl and slowly twirl the glass as you press it into the sugar. You can also dip the glass into the sugar if preferred.
- Mix drink:
- Mix watermelon juice, lime juice and vodka in shaker.
- Serve with watermelon wedge or lime slice on side of glass.