These balsamic salmon burger tacos uses frozen salmon burgers for a quick & healthy 30 minute dinner!
Dinner. It is a necessary requirement of everyday of our entire lives. Granted there are certainly quick fixes and left overs and takeout to fall back on, but for most regular days we are cooking dinner. This recipe is my fail safe plan when I’ve gotten sucked into kids or work or cleaning (ha! thats funny).
We are kind of taco recipe geeks around here, I’m actually shocked at how few we have posted for how often it shows up on our dinner table. Consider this my official declaration that more taco recipes will come to the blog this year!
Using frozen salmon patties is my new favorite trick though. I’m the worst at remembering to plan ahead and thaw meat for dinner, so when it’s 4 pm and I realize once again that I haven’t defrosted something? Salmon tacos it is!
It’s funny, we bought these salmon patties at Costco on a whim because Noah was with me and declared that he loved them after sampling them. Since getting protein in him is my #1 challenge I jumped at the chance.
Fish is not my strong suit and as much as I know we should eat more for all the good things it does for you…I struggle to get motivated to cook it sometimes. Enter the salmon patty. Mild in flavor, super fast to prepare and easily crumbled up to use in just about any dish you can think of.
For today’s recipe they get tossed in a pan, drizzled with balsamic and allowed to cook down for 10 minutes with an occasional flip. Hello the easiest dinner I’ve ever met. I love you.
The yogurt cucumber sauce is also super
lazy easy to whip up and add in a few chopped veggies and we are in business!
The only thing easier would be for someone else to make them for you…come on kids, I’m ready for Masterchef Junior in my kitchen.
30 Minute Balsamic Salmon Burger Tacos
- 4 salmon patties
- 4-6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 corn tortillas
- olive oil for frying shells
- toppings: tomatoes lettuce, lime, hot sauce etc.
- For Yogurt Cucumber Sauce:
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 of a cucumber small diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Over medium-high heat place frozen salmon patties in a large saucepan.
2. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic over each patty. Flip several times to be sure everything is coated well.
3. Cook for 10 minutes (or until no pink juices are oozing out when pressed down with spatula), flipping every couple minutes to prevent burning.
4. Chop toppings and mix the yogurt-cucumber sauce ingredients together.
5. Quickly fry the tortilla shells in a bit of olive oil to soften and warm them.
Got any great ways to use salmon burgers? Tell me all your secrets below…