These are the BEST healthy blueberry muffins out there! Kid & mom approved and with no refined sugars or flours they are the perfect on the go breakfast!
We are a muffin family. Noah our oldest is our household muffin man and will literally consume almost anything if it comes out of a muffin pan. It has even inspired his newfound obsession with taking pictures of his muffins with mommy’s phone…
Because he will eat as many of them as I will let him it’s important to me that they be full of good things, and not loaded with white sugars and processed flours….but they also have to taste good and not all “health foodie”.
We found this base recipe in the book Nourishing Traditions and with just a few tweaks it’s perfect for our family! It mixes up in one bowl and is a cinch to pull together in just five minutes! Perfect for our always busy days and for when the “uffin” cravings hit the boys hard.
We use whatever seasonal fruits or other mix ins we can find in the house and they always come out perfect. Happy muffin making!
The Best Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cups spelt flour if grinding your own I prefer finely ground
- 2 cups kefir or buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries wet from being washed
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients other than blueberries and stir until just combined.
3. Sprinkle wet blueberries with a bit of flour until lightly coated. This helps them to not sink through the batter to the bottom.
4. Fill muffin pan with liners and fill 3/4 of the way full of batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6 thoughts on “5 Minute Healthy Blueberry Muffins”
to whome owns this recipe dam good blue berry muffins the best ive ever tasted and im no baker but they were a hit with the hubby and father in law please keep baking and sharing your recipes good job no resturaunts will ever beat this recipe
I would love to print this recipe, but I can’t. I don’t have a printer. But I do love it!
Simple and they look really good! Your little guy taking a picture is adorable! Thank you for your good advice this past weekend, it was a lot of fun at Indulge PDX.