Corn tortillas filled with applewood smoked shredded beef, garden fresh lettuce and cilantro, cheese, tomato, and fresh lime.
If you do nothing else this year but smoke something with Applewood and put it in your slow cooker your year will have been a smashing success. This dish is actually super easy to make and the results are truly entertaining worthy.
Applewood Smoked Shredded Beef Tacos
- For the Meat:
- Approx 2 lb chuck roast
- Olive Oil
- Lowry’s Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- For the Broth:
- Medium Onion chopped
- 1 TB garlic minced
- Pinch of thyme
- 1-2 jalapeno with seeds chopped
- 1 14- oz can beef broth
- Onion chopped
- Shredded Cheese
- Lime wedges
- Salsa/Hot Sauce
- Applewood Wood Chips
- 1. Light briquettes in barbecue on the opposite side of grill you want to cook on. Soak 2 large handfuls of wood chips in water.
2. Rub chuck roast with olive oil and season liberally with Lowry’s, pepper and cumin.
3. Once the fire is heated sear roast directly over coals 1-2 min each side.
4. Move to the opposite side. Place 1 large handful of soaked wood chips on top of briquettes.
5. After 15 minutes add the second handful of wood chips to the coals.
6. Combine the onion, garlic, thyme, and can of beef broth in large Crock-Pot.
7. After the meat has finished smoking, transfer to the Crock-Pot.
8. Cook on High 2 hours, then turn to Low 2 hours OR on Low for 6-7 hours til meat shreds easily with a fork.
9. Once shredded turn down to warm until ready to eat.
10. Assemble taco’s and enjoy. Excellent with a Mexican beer with lime.