Apricot ham glaze made from apricot marmalade, brown sugar, orange juice, and brandy making this the PERFECT addition to any holiday ham and only takes 10 minutes to make!
This amazing apricot ham glaze with delight you and your family just like it has for my family for years. It’s got a sticky tangy apricot sweetness flavor.
The first time I ever had this ham was at my Grandmother’s house. SHe severed this delicious ham one night and my life was changed forever by these wonderful flavors.
How to make ham glaze?
Start making the fantastic ham recipe by getting a medium sized saucepan. Add marmalade, juice, sugar and corn starch and whisk until mix well. Cook that sauce well whisking until it boils.
Add brandy and dry mustard and whisk until mixed well. Cook for two more minutes while whisking. Remove from the heat and add glaze to your cooking ham in the oven. Keep adding glaze every ten minutes of the last hour your ham is cooking.
Why do I need an awesome ham glaze?
A great ham glaze will add a ton of flavor to your already delicious ham. It makes your ham crispy and sweet while enhancing the salty flavor in a way nothing else can! We love our Apricot Ham Glaze because it makes an already amazing holiday centerpiece to the dinner table even more perfect!
You won’t be able to think about making ham for Easter this year without our delicious ham glaze after you give this a try our recipe!
- 1 cup apricot marmalade
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine apricot marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar, and cornstarch in a medium-size saucepan. Whisk until mixed well.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and let boil until thickened.
- Add brandy and mustard and whisk until mixed well.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes while whisking.
- Pour over ham last hour of cooking.
- And baste your ham with glaze every 10 minutes to caramelize.
- Let ham rest for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 21Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
Try these other holiday recipes.