Pulled pork simmered all day in sweet and spicy barbecue sauce, piled on a butter crisped bun with caramelized sweet peppers and dipped into tangy balsamic vinegar. Basically heaven in your mouth.
Do I need to really go on and on about this amazingess? Because I will if you make me.
Hello drippy, saucy goodness.
It’s easy, its delicious, its just meant to be.
It’s like a French Dip Sandwich got kicked in the butt and covered in barbecue sauce and piled with peppers and cilantro and dipped in balsamic….so…I guess its really nothing like a French Dip other than the fact that you dip it in something.
Regardless it’s delicious and you should make it soon. If you are a busy person all the more reason to make it. Because it takes literally 5 minutes in the morning to put the thing in your crockpot and off you go to your crazy day. Crockpots are pretty much heavenly things in my world.
Remember the two kiddos running amuck underfoot? Well the smallest one has decided it’s high time that he start crawling like mad. Add that to the wild 2 year old who thinks its “fuuuunnneeeeyyy” to sneak into our bedroom, unlock the HEAVY sliding glass door and use all his might to open said door and bolt into the wild at will.
Let’s just say I have gray hairs coming in already. Literally.
If you are feeling all fancy and stuff you should sauté up some of those beautiful mini sweet peppers until they get all their caramelized fabulousness on and pile those on top with some cilantro. They taste fantabulous but also? They make these things pop with color on the plate.
Shazam! Let the ooh’s and ahh’s come. You look like you’ve slaved all day and still have time to change out of your sweats before people arrive at your house. Slap on some lipstick and throw on some earrings…you’ve got this multitasking thing in the bag.
- 26 oz barbecue sauce I like a sweet and spicy version
- 4.5 lb pork shoulder or boston butt
- 1 8.5 oz bottle STAR Fine Foods Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 small sweet peppers sliced into rings**
- cilantro for garnish
- Olive oil for frying peppers
- Butter for buns
1. Place the pork shoulder into the crockpot.
2. Mix barbeque sauce, and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar together. Pour over pork shoulder.
3. Cook on low for 8 1/2-10 hours or high for 6-7 hours.
4. Saute sweet peppers in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil until tender.
5. Butter each side of buns and crisp up under the broiler.
6. Serve in buns topped with sweet peppers and cilantro. Serve a small dipping bowl of balsamic on the side of each plate.
**If you cannot find small sweet peppers 1-2 bell peppers can be substituted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 817 Total Fat: 49g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 26g Cholesterol: 194mg Sodium: 957mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 29g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 52g