Beer cheese fondue is the perfect date night idea! Roast a ton of veggies, chop up some bread and whisk together this easy cheese sauce.
Date nights are a super big deal around our house. Tuesday night is seriously as looked forward to as the weekend. The boys get taken to grandma and grandpa’s house for a sleepover and we have the whole house to ourselves. A lot of times we sneak out for tacos or sushi that we can walk to but we do a ton of cooking at home together too.
Date night fare is almost always something either more complex or something that we know the kids might pick at or whine about. And let’s be honest. We hoard all the fancy cheese for date nights. Sorry kiddos.
This beer cheese fondue is the perfect date night recipe! We clean a bunch of veggies and fingerling potatoes, chop up some bread or fluffy pretzels when we can find them, and whip together the cheese sauce. An olive dish and some fruit and we are in business. Instant impressive spread!
This would be such a perfect Valentine’s Day recipe or make an epic engagement dinner recipe too! We actually served it to some of our close friends who we hadn’t seen in forever and the kids since I knew I would be cooking a massive platter of food.
We are sharing the Beer Cheese Fondue Recipe today over on The Inspired Homesite as part of a brand new partnership with them. Every Wednesday we will be sharing on their blog and we are thrilled to be part of the team. Jump on over and check out all their gorgeous posts and discover new talented bloggers to follow!
Beer Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 12 ounce can of light lager beer, Samuel Adams is a good choice or a Kolsch
- 1 pound of cheese I used equal parts Fontina, Gruyere and White Cheddar, Emmenthaler cheese is traditional but can be harder to find
- juice of 1/4 -1/2 a lemon to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- ground nutmeg to taste
- Serve with your choice: roasted veggies olives, bread or pretzel dippers, sausage, etc.
- 1. See Inspired Home’s site for full recipe and to print instructions! http://theinspiredhome.com/articles/beer-cheese-fondue