Everyone loves these easy baked spaghetti squash burrito boats! They are topped with our 5 min Mexican blender guacamole salsa.
These easy baked spaghetti squash burrito boats topped with our 5-minute Mexican blender guacamole salsa recipe are crazy good! My daughter Bella devours them before we can even get dinner on the table.
Spaghetti squash recipes are perfect at any time of year but are traditionally a fall and winter vegetable. Thanks to modern agriculture though you can find them just about year-round. It’s the perfect carby style base that satisfies that craving without being loaded with carbs. These Mexican squash burrito boats are one of our family’s go-to comfort foods. Perfect for a quick and easy lunch or simple weeknight dinner.
Such an easy to make and fun to eat recipe. Filled with delicious seasoned black beans, roasted corn with green chiles and, tasty fresh chopped tomatoes. With amazing Mexican cotija cheese and topped with blender salsa, sour cream and, fresh limes. Yum, this meal makes me so happy to see all these fresh and delicious ingredients together.
Is spaghetti squash healthy?
Spaghetti squash is a winter vegetable full of a ton of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Due to its low calorie and high fiber content, it may aid weight loss and digestive health. Try baked spaghetti squash as a low-carb alternative to pasta, combined with veggies, protein, whole grains, and healthy fats for a well-rounded meal option.
What does spaghetti squash taste like?
Spaghetti squash has a very mild, almost neutral flavor that tastes similar to yellow winter squash and is a little sweet. Spaghetti squash “noodles” can be a little watery, or have a slight crunch to them depending on how the vegetable is cooked. I prefer them slightly crunchy personally, so I don’t overcook them. Keep in mind they will continue to cook slightly even after they are removed from the oven so you are aiming for an al dente type bite to them.
How do you cook spaghetti squash?
Start by preheating oven to 400 degrees F.
Coat the inside of squash with about 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place squash, cut-side down, on a baking sheet.
Poke rows of holes down the center with a fork. This helps to release the moisture during cooking.
Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, about 30 minutes.
Shred the inside of squash with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Use freely in your favorite recipes.
Or add your favorite things to make the best stuffed spaghetti squash recipe.
You can add any kind of meat to this recipe to spice it up a bit. I like to add leftover chicken to my baked spaghetti squash boats.
YOu can set up a burriot bar situation, where everyone can get creative with dinner. My kids love to create and stuff their own Best Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Burrito Boats Recipes.
What do you serve with spaghetti squash?
Roasting your spaghetti squash is the most common way to prepare these squash. You can shred your squash with a fork and make noodles just like pasta ane they can be used all most anyway. A pasta substitute or any variation on pasta dishes is a great way to use spaghetti squash.
Stuffed spaghetti squash or spaghetti squash boats are a popular way to use this veggie. Just roast and stuff with your favorite ingredients. You can also serve spaghetti squash over toasts as a hearty vegetarian dish.
Once your squash is roasted you can top it with bolognese. Bolognese is any meat sauce or tomato sauce with meatballs. It’s like a low carb spaghetti or red pasta option.
Mac and cheese recipe. Squash and cheese can be mixed instead of or in addition to pasta. Just add the cooked squash strands or noodles to your favorite mac and cheese recipe tonight and enjoy it!
You can also fry up spaghetti squash in a pan. Fried squash can be a substitute in any recipe with cooked rice or in any fried rice recipe.
Using squash in salads is one of my favorite ways to add some much-needed flavor. Toss the squash cooked squash with almonds, feta, and a lemon-olive dressing.
You can use spaghetti squash in your frittata recipes. By mixing the cooled spaghetti squash strands into the beaten egg mixture in order to make a fluffy baked frittata, yum!
For more ideas 50 Spaghetti Squash Recipe to Keep You Warm This Winter.
Best Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Burrito Boats Recipe
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Black beans, 15.5 oz canned drained
- 1-2 Tablespoon of taco seasonings
- 1 cup corn, fresh, frozen or 8.5 oz can
- 1 dice roasted green chiles, 4 oz can
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Cojtio cheese
- 1 lime, sliced
- Sour cream, as a topping
- Pickled red onion, as a topping
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Blender Salsa, as a topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- 2. Cut spaghetti squash down the middle, so your left with to equal halfs. Scoop out any seeds. Coat the inside of each squash with about 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place squash, cut-side down, on a baking sheet. And poke holes down the center with a fork. This helps to release the moisture during cooking.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 4. Shred the inside of squash with a fork, making sure not to poke thur the bottom and leave the noodles in the squash.
- 5. In a pan over medium heat warm the black beans. Add taco seasonings and set aside.
- 6. In a pan over high heat roast corn and chile until browned. Set aside.
- 7. Add all ingredients to your spaghetti squash boats.
- 8. Start with a layer you topping in the sqash boats. Frist the beans. Next roasted corn and chiles. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese.
- 9. Pour Blender salsa generously over the burrito boats.
- 10. Add limes, cilantro, sour cream, pickled red onions and salt and pepper to your tastes.
- 11. Serve Hot and enjoy!
Ingredients For Blender Salsa Recipe
- 10 tomatillos husks removed and washed well
- 1-2 jalapeños deseeded and stems removed
- optional: 1/2-1 onion especially good if roasted
- 2 avocados
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lime juiced
- salt and pepper
Instructions For Blender Salsa Recipe
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender for 90 seconds. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Keeps for up to a week.
- Optional: Roast tomatillos, jalapeños, and onion on a cookie sheet lightly drizzled with olive oil at 425 degrees until blackened before blending.
2 thoughts on “Best Baked Spaghetti Squash Burrito Boats Recipe”
L-O-V-E-D this!!! So good! Thank you for sharing!!!
What a great idea!!!!! Love all of these components. Unfortunately didn’t have them all, but mostly. And it was awesome!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!