A lovely sweet creamy panna cotta with tropical flavors. Coconut Panna Cotta Recipe This is an easy, impressive dessert that is the perfect end to a great meal. I topped with blueberries, papaya, and fresh mint.
Ever since we watched our first season of Masterchef I have wanted to make panna cotta….specifically coconut panna cotta. It just never seemed to be the “right” time to make one. It is a strange thing isn’t it…how in the craziness of everyday life there never seems to be that moment where there is enough time, enough energy, or enough willpower to do certain things.
It’s been months of me realizing that there never is the “right” time.
There isn’t a “right” time to work on my blog, or clean the house, or push my toddler on the rusty swing in the backyard for hours at a time.
There never is the “right” time for me to work out, or pray, or laze in the bathtub long enough that my toes turn into prunes. There isn’t the “right” time for us to chase our dreams, to go to a blog conference, to send that pitch email.
Because life doesn’t just hand you the “right” time. You have to make it be the right time.
It seems big. It seems scary. It feels….HARD.
But the thing is, almost all of it is in your head. The things that you know you should do never end up taking as long as you think they will. And the ones you know you probably shouldn’t be doing, but always do regardless, always seem to take more time than you ever thought humanly possible.
It’s 10:42 p.m. right now. I have worked on other projects all day and waited for the “right” time to hit me. The moment when I would stop feeling overwhelmed and suddenly feel inspired to write 10 posts and wow all of you with my amazing writing prowess.
But here’s the truth.
Life is hard work.
It’s freaking messy and confusing and overwhelming. And you can walk through life waiting for it to be something else, waiting for everything to be perfect, hating yourself the whole time…or you can just freaking do it.
So write the post. Start the company. Kiss the girl. Push your kid on the swing for 3 hours while everything else goes to hell.
Make the pannacotta. It’s the “right” time.
You can’t do it all. Something is gonna fall while you do the other things, and you know what? It’s okay.
Coconut Panna Cotta
- 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- 1 can coconut milk full fat
- 3 packets stevia or sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 packets gelatin
- fresh mint
- 1. Warm the half and half in a small saucepan. Pour the gelatin over the coconut milk and let sit for a minute or two while the half and half warms.
2. Pour the coconut milk into the saucepan and warm gently, stirring to dissolve the gelatin completely.
3. Add stevia or sugar and stir till dissolved.
4. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
5. Pour into glasses or ramekins and chill until set (about 2 hours up to several days before)
6. Chop up papaya and mix with blueberries. Adjust sweetness/tanginess with sugar or lime juice if needed.
7. Chop up a bit of mint and mix with fruit.
8. Serve in the glass or unmold ramekins onto a plate.