It’s hard to go wrong with crispy fried sage and when you pair that with garlic and butter? Swoon worthy. If you absolutely love sage like I do feel free to 2-3x the amount of sage to get crispy sage in every bite!
- 3 artichokes
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 whole fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2 whole sprigs each: rosemary thyme, sage
- Lemon wedges
1. Cut the top one-third of artichokes off and trim bottom stem flush with the base.
2. Trim off the prickly point of each leaf with a pair of kitchen scissors.
3. Rub a cut lemon over the artichoke to prevent it from browning.
4. Add water, whole herbs and lemon slices to Instant Pot. Add rack over the top.
5. Add artichokes. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
6. Remove artichokes to the plate and drain instant pot.
7. Add butter, garlic, lemon juice, and sage to the instant pot. Turn on saute and cook until sage is crispy and aromatic.
8. Pour some of the butter sauce over artichokes and serve with lemon slices and remaining sauce for dipping
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g