It’s hard to go wrong with crispy fried sage and when you pair that with garlic and butter? Swoon worthy. If you absolutely love sage like I do feel free to 2-3x the amount of sage to get crispy sage in every bite!
Crispy Sage Butter Artichokes
Servings 3 artichokesPrint Pin Recipe
- 3 artichokes
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 whole fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2 whole sprigs each: rosemary, thyme, sage
- Lemon wedges
- Cut the top one third of artichokes off and trim bottom stem flush with the base.
- Trim off the prickly point of each leaf with a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Rub a cut lemon over the artichoke to prevent it from browning.
- Add water, whole herbs and lemon slices to Instant Pot. Add rack over the top.
- Add artichokes. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Remove artichokes to plate and drain instant pot.
- Add butter, garlic, lemon juice and sage to instant pot. Turn on saute and cook until sage is crispy and aromatic.
- Pour some of butter sauce over artichokes and serve with lemon slices and remaining sauce for dipping.