The easiest cucumber avocado salad in all the land. Can we even call this a recipe? 3 ingredients + 5 minutes= glorious summer side dish perfection.
Is there anything that isn’t improved by adding avocados to it? I think not. I used to turn my nose up at avocados (not a shocking thing for me back in the day) but I distinctly remember ordering sandwiches with one of my best friends in high school and she ordered smashed avocado on her sandwich. She grew up in DC and was known even back then with having great taste in foods so…I tried a teeny bit of her sandwich. And it was of course….delicious.
Now? I can’t get enough of them. Avocados in my smoothies. Sundried tomato bacon guacamole (coming soon!). Avocado toasts with poached eggs. Plain with a little bit of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Heaven.
My friend Geli is now my partner in crime for eating all the asian food. Her man isn’t into asian food and mine doesn’t understand why I could eat curry and noodle dishes every moment until I die and be completely happy.
She lives in Portland now and when I was up there a few weeks ago we got together for dinner. I sweated and snotted my way through Pok Pok’s spicy asian fish sauce hot wings. It was glorious.
My Instagram snap of them:
They were ridiculous amazing. I drank 3 gallons of water.
And of course I had to order their vinegary cucumber salad on the side to tame the heat (not pictured). It really is the perfect side dish to just about everything. It didn’t have avocados in it, so this story makes hardly any sense to this cucumber salad buuut…let’s just go with it mkay?
Cucumber salads are awesome. Avocado on everything is so good it makes me cry and putting them together equals heaven.
Take away point….Your life just got so much better.
Also…you need to pile this salad on top of these Asian Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps asap.
- 3 large avocados (we recommend California Hass Avocados because they are the bomb)
- 2 large cucumbers (we like english cucumbers but regular works too)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (Bragg's is our go to ACV for everything)
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the avocados in quarters lengthwise. Pit should fall out or easily twist out. Score it in a dice and scoop out with spoon into a medium bowl.
- Peel cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl.
- Toss salad with apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.