This easy honey chicken curry recipe makes an easy, healthy family dinner. This meal can be prepared in an Instant Pot or a slow cooker, it’s one of our favorite easy chicken recipes!
We love using our Instant Pot for this wonderful easy honey chicken curry recipe.
It’s Christmas vacation and my kids are all over the house, hanging out with friends. So when dinner time rolls around there are always a few more kiddos around the table. Everyone always loves this easy honey chicken curry recipe.
What veggies are good in curry?
Nearly any vegetable you can think of can be used in this curry recipe. Common veggies used in curry are broccoli, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers.
This easy chicken curry recipe calls for garbanzo beans, which are technically a legume, but you can absolutely add other vegetables to it!
What’s in curry powder?
Curry powder is a blend of spices, typically used in Indian cuisine. The blend can vary by region, but there are a few common ingredients in most curry powder blends, including:
- Hot chili peppers
Is Garam Masala the same as curry powder?
While the two are similar, Garam Masala is a bit sweeter than curry powder. Additionally, curry powder contains turmeric, while Garam Masala does not.
How do you make a simple chicken curry?
This Honey Chicken Curry recipe can be cooked in either an Instant Pot or a slow cooker. We love our slow cooker and Instant Pot recipes because they are hands-off cooking at its best!
Making this easy chicken curry recipe in a slow cooker has the advantage of infusing your house with delicious curry smells all day long. But proceed with caution, this may cause you to experience an extreme craving for this honey chicken curry before it is time to eat dinner!
My preference is to use the Instant Pot because it’s quicker and I always forget to plan something for dinner.
The ingredients in this chicken curry recipe are basic but flavorful. To keep the chicken moist, thighs are used rather than breasts. Honey is used to tone down the heat of the curry, making it perfect for kids.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled depending on the crowd of hungry people you have to feed tonight.
Whipping up an amazing healthy dinner in just 30 mins or less is a miracle in my book. I throw a few sesame seeds or thinly sliced green onions on to garnish and in minutes I have created a masterpiece!
Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
Scale This Recipe
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 16 oz. Canned Chickpeas Drained
- 4 Chicken Thighs whole boneless thighs with skin on
- 1 tbsp cool water
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Cooked Brown Rice
- Steamed Veggies
- Sesame Seeds Garnish
- Green Onions Sliced Garnish
- Salt and Pepper As Needed For Taste
- Instant Pot Instructions:
1. Heat Instant pot to Saute.
2. Add butter, honey, mustard, and spices. Stir continually until mixed well.
3. Add onion, chickpeas, and chicken. Mix.
4. Pressure cook on high 10 mins.
5. Remove chicken from Instant Pot, shred and set aside.
6. Make a slurry: Add one tablespoon of cool water and one tablespoon of cornstarch to a bowl and mix until smooth.
7. Add slurry to hot liquid slowly, whisking rapidly to prevent clumping. Cook 3-4 minutes (or until the sauce thickens.)
8. Add shredded chicken back to curry.
9. Serve over brown rice with steamed vegetables and garnishes. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- 1. Melt butter.
- 2. Add melted butter, honey, mustard, and spices to slow cooker and mix.
2. Add onions, chickpeas, and chicken thighs and mix.
3. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Remove chicken from Slow Cooker, shred and set aside.
5. Make a slurry: Add one tablespoon of cool water and one tablespoon of cornstarch to a bowl and mix until smooth.
6. Add slurry to hot liquid slowly, whisking rapidly to prevent clumping. Cook 3-4 minutes (or until the sauce thickens.)
7. Add shredded chicken back to curry.
8. Serve over brown rice with steamed vegetables and garnishes. Enjoy!