This easy green smoothie bowl is creamy from the avocado and packed full of healthy greens and fruits. Top it with almonds, chia seeds and chopped fruit for the perfect start to your day!
I have to be honest….I finally caved you guys. I made a smoothie bowl. The concept of this strange concoction seems frankly weird to me….I get smoothies. Green, COLD, creamy and packed full of good for me vibes. I get bowls of yogurt with granola and blueberries with their crunchy sweet crunch and swirls of purple juices.
But smoothie bowls? Mmm. I have a thing with textures and this just screamed all things wrong in my head. Why? I don’t know. They aren’t that far removed. Perhaps it was the idea of a smoothie and a spoon.
But I promised a friend I would try it. And if you get it super creamy AND super cold…it’s actually really really good. Just like my smoothies this has got to be super cold and more of an icy consistency for me. I throw in extra ice cubes and make sure all my ingredients are frozen except the apple. Creamy comes from the avocado…crunchy from the toppings…hello yum.
You could totally top this with granola too and it would be delicious. Or peaches or whatever fresh fruit is in season. Or you could be a rebel and drink it out of a glass (I won’t tell a soul).
Let’s do this.
Also the coconut water really is optional for this easy green smoothie bowl…I happen to have a bottle hanging around so I tossed it in so I could feel all Gweneth Paltrow but I make this smoothie all the time without it and it’s still creamy perfection.
- 12-15 oz kefir (sub ½ milk and ½ greek yogurt if no kefir)
- 2 cups frozen mixed greens or spinach
- 1 avocado
- 4 frozen figs (or ½ cup other frozen fruit)
- ½ of a large apple
- ½ cup coconut water (optional)
- 5-6 ice cubes (optional<---not really)
- Toppings: chopped apple, slivered almonds, chia seeds and chopped dates.
- Blend. Top with chopped apple, slivered almonds, chia seeds and chopped dates (or let's be honest whatever goodies you have in the house!)