We make this simple fresh cherry tomato and basil bruschetta recipe with fresh homegrown tomatoes and fresh basil every time we have backyard parties.
Ah, bruschetta, it’s defiantly one of the best ways to enjoy the flavors of spring. The smell of basil always makes me think of spring and fresh flowers.
The best classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of garden ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil.
We love simple wholesome and fresh ingredients. Together these fresh flavors are amazing. So when we find something we love, that’s super easy to make we like to make it often.
We make this simple bruschetta recipe with tomato and fresh basil every time we entertain company time, especially during the warmer weather. I am so excited for fresh vine grown tomatoes.
The perfect recipe for a party because you can make a large batch of the tomato topping ahead of time. And keep in the refrigerator. And you can toast the baguette slices ahead of time.
How to make the best tomato bruschetta recipe?
When making this simple fresh cherry tomato and basil bruschetta recipe you are going to want to use fresh or homegrown tomatoes and fresh basil. Always use room temperature tomatoes.
Allow the tomatoes to sit with salt for 5 minutes. They become extra flavorful the longer they sit in the salt. The tomatoes will release some of their juices. Mix in pepper, basil, and oil. Then spoon over grilled sliced french baguettes. Enjoy!
- 2 cup ripe cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced* or chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Wash and chop cherry tomatoes into bite-size chunks and place them in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and toss gently. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Cut bread into 24 slices; toast under the broiler until lightly browned.
- Top with tomato mixture and extra basil.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Use any flavorful, ripe tomato for this recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 169mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 2g