These healthy apple cheese bites are super simple and absolutely delicious. They are the perfect appetizer or make a great healthy after school snack!
Sometimes you need fussy and sometimes you need to shove yummy little cheesy apple bites in your face with reckless abandon. Using tiny apples is key to making them look this cute and adorable so scour your favorite grocery store for some small ones or head to your farmers market.
These would be so perfect for a party and since they are gluten-free and refined sugar free they make a great universal appetizer for most guests. You could totally swap the goat cheese for hummus or tapenade too if you needed a dairy free option! Or just make these and our hummus stuffed mushrooms for your dairy free friends.
As for the kiddos? Well the entire tray of these had been swiped completely while I was out of the room for literally 2 minutes so I think it’s safe to say these were a winner. Perfect healthy after school snack or party fare for them too!
- 10 small apples--the smaller the better
- 1 6-ounce package French style creamy goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds chopped
- handful of pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup honey
1. Slice just to the outside of the core of the apple on both sides to end up with two apple slices. Chop the short ends off of the core and reserve for other uses.
2. Smear cheese over apple and top with almonds, pomegranate arils and drizzle with honey.
3. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g