Honey Lemon Chicken Rice Bowls Recipe makes the best quick and easy dinner idea that’s way better than takeout!
This Honey Lemon Chicken and Recipe Bowls recipe are super easy and quick to make. And even easier to make. Served over brown rice and more delicious honey lemon glaze.
This Honey Lemon Chicken and Rice Bowls recipe are super easy to sell to your family at dinner time and even easier to make. Served over brown rice it’s made even more delicious with this delicious honey lemon glaze.
These rice bowls are our favorite takeout substitute that is sure to be a hit with your entire family! My family loves these coming to dinner when we serve these fantastic rice bowls. We make them at least twice a month and the kids gobble them up so quickly we hardly ever have any leftovers.
How to make honey lemon chicken?
We started this delicious recipe by heating up the oil in a skillet. Then continue by adding the chicken, seasoning with salt and pepper and cooking until chicken is done then set aside.
In a small mixing bowl whisk together pineapple juice, crushed pineapple, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, and sriracha. Stir in the honey lemon sauce until the chicken is evenly coated, and cook. Portion the rice, vegetables, and chicken evenly between each bowl. Top with sesame seeds and serve, enjoy!
- 1 cup white rice cooked
- 3 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders cut into 1-inch chunks
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 green onion thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- Honey Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoon Sriracha optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Next, we make the glaze by stirring in water, pineapple juice, crushed pineapple, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch and Sriracha in the skillet.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine.
- Serve chicken immediately with rice and broccoli over rice, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds, enjoy!