The fragrant herbs and white wine steam the artichokes to perfection. But don’t toss that wine! We turn it into a luscious sauce to coat the artichokes and serve for dipping!
- 3 artichokes
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- ½ stick of butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced thyme
- ½ teaspoon minced rosemary
- Lemon wedges
1. Cut the top one third of artichokes off and trim bottom stem flush with the base.
2. Trim off the prickly point of each leaf with a pair of kitchen scissors.
3. Rub a cut lemon over the artichoke to prevent it from browning.
4. Add wine, thyme sprigs and rosemary sprigs to Instant Pot.
5. Add rack to instant pot and place artichokes on top.
6. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
7. Remove artichokes and set aside.
8. Remove rack and whole herbs.
9. Add butter, garlic, minced thyme and rosemary to the instant pot and turn on saute mode until butter is melted and sauce is aromatic.
10. Pour some of butter sauce over artichokes and serve with lemon slices and remaining sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g