The fragrant herbs and white wine steam the artichokes to perfection. But don’t toss that wine! We turn it into a luscious sauce to coat the artichokes and serve for dipping!
- 3 artichokes
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- ½ stick of butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced thyme
- ½ teaspoon minced rosemary
- Lemon wedges
- Cut the top one third of artichokes off and trim bottom stem flush with the base.
- Trim off the prickly point of each leaf with a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Rub a cut lemon over the artichoke to prevent it from browning.
- Add wine, thyme sprigs and rosemary sprigs to Instant Pot.
- Add rack to instant pot and place artichokes on top.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Remove artichokes and set aside.
- Remove rack and whole herbs.
- Add butter, garlic, minced thyme and rosemary to the instant pot and turn on saute mode until butter is melted and sauce is aromatic.
- Pour some of butter sauce over artichokes and serve with lemon slices and remaining sauce for dipping.