A delightfully simple raspberry lemon drop comes together with just a few ingredients for a perfect refreshing cocktail.
It’s spring guys. I get it. I love spring don’t get me wrong, but can I just say I’m pining for summer already? This week I picked up the boys from school and my car said it was 46 degrees outside. Anyone else with me on this? So I decided this week I am ready for summer. I need 70-90 degree weather and sunshine on my shoulders. And that I needed a cocktail.
So in honor of summer almost being here I made this drink. Raspberries get mashed up with fresh lemon juice and a splash of honey. A few sprigs of fresh herbs like thyme, mint or basil while not necessary are my favorite way to fancy up any drink when I am splurging.
It’s time to kick back and soak up those few moments of warmth that we can. Or hide under a blanket and sip this in front of the fireplace trying to reminder ourselves that summer really will be here soon.
Raspberry Lemon Drop Recipe
- 4 ounces lemon juice about 3 lemons
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 ounces vodka
- 10 raspberries
- Thyme springs
- Add honey and warm water to cocktail shaker and stir until honey is fully dissolved.
- Add raspberries. Muddle raspberries in honey water.
- Add lemon juice, vodka and a few ice cubes.
- Herbs can be added here if desired.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour through strainer top into cups of ice. Enjoy!