Pizza ravioli bites are the perfect after school snack or lunch. We show you how to make them from scratch with real ingredients.
Making pasta from scratch is one of our kids favorite activities in the kitchen. To help celebrate National Kids Take Over the Kitchen Day the boys and I are partnering up with KitchenAid to make homemade pizza ravioli bites!
To start you will need 4-5 eggs, 3 ½ cups of flour, a pinch of salt and 1-3 tablespoons water. The ratios for making pasta are always a bit of a guideline. Sometimes when we make it it only needs 4 eggs and a bit of water and sometimes it needs more.
They say humidity has a lot to do with this so keep that in mind and use a bit of feel here. You are aiming for a well combined dough that does not have excessive flour and also is not slippery wet.
The kids had an amazing time helping today. They got to play hooky from school and come help mommy in the studio so it was extra special.
Let’s get started!
Noah said he was “being caaaaaareful with putting in the salt”. 🙂 The water got in there too before I could snap a picture.
And finally the best part….the flour!
We all have to help on this part or the whole kitchen would be covered in flour haha.
After a few minutes with the flat beater we switched to the dough hook and let that kneed for 3 minutes.
And then we knead by hand for a few minutes.
This is the boys favorite part, except eating of course!
Wrap it up with plastic wrap and into the fridge for 15 minutes.
Next up we roll out long sheets of dough in the Pasta Roller Attachment.
And then into the Ravioli Maker it goes. Noah had so much fun adding the filling into the hopper!
After the raviolis are made they need to rest for 15 minutes. Then pull them apart and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with melted butter.
And top with bread crumbs.
15 minutes later they are done!
The kids loved them!
These would be great for tailgating season this year too!
We are so excited to celebrate National Kids Take Over the Kitchen Day and KitchenAid has graciously partnered with us on a fabulous giveaway for you!
Show us how you get your kids (or grandkids, or fur babies, or you cooking with a picture of your kids) into the kitchen using #KidsInTheKitchen and #MadeWithKitchenAid on Instagram. Also be sure to tag @adventurebite and @KitchenAidUSA for your chance to win a KitchenAid® Stand Mixer and Ravioli Maker!!
- 4-5 eggs
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1-3 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup pizza sauce (plus more for dipping)
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup pepperoni diced
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Melted butter
- Add eggs, flour, water and salt to stand mixer. Mix until combined adding the last egg or additional water if needed.
- Switch to dough hook and knead for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn out on the table and knead by hand for 2 additional minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Cut in 3 pieces and roll out. Feed through pasta rollers on largest setting, then #1 and #2 levels.
- Add to ravioli maker.
- Combine pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni together. Add filling in slowly 1-2 scoops at a time while turning the ravioli maker.
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes. Separate the raviolis.
- Brush with butter and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve with extra pizza sauce.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you in collaboration with KitchenAid. We received products free of charge. All opinions are our own. We are grateful for sponsors who allow us to bring you free unique recipes and content each week here on the blog!