These ribs are easy, simple and a staple around our household. Also can be done in the crockpot!
Photo Credit to Teresa S.
These ribs are really good. They are a standard in our household. The original recipe from Beverly Carson on Food.com was way too sweet for my liking and I like to slow cook ours much longer than she does so we have switched up a few things to make it work for our family.
These will satisfy any meat lover in your family and are a really great easy entertaining dish for a crowd.
Should Be Illegal Ribs
- 3 lbs pork back ribs country style work great
- 7 oz honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar do not pack down
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 med onion chopped
- 12 oz BBQ sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Combine all sauce ingredients. Add and subtract items to get the flavor profile desired.
3. Place in baking dish. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce. Cover ribs with all of the remaining sauce. Cover tightly with foil making sure no air escapes.
4. Bake 3 hours. Uncover. If the sticky sauce is desired and ribs have released a significant amount of liquid and are swimming in it, drain off some liquid and brush on reserved BBQ sauce. Broil on high for a couple of minutes turning if desired.
5. Serve immediately with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a salad.
3 thoughts on “Should Be Illegal Ribs: Our Take”
Sounds delicous, How long do you cook in the crock pot???
I normally cook these in the oven like the recipe details but you could definitely do it in the slow cooker. I normally do all day (8-9 hours) on low. They are good as is like that but if you want them crisped up you will need to remove them and broil them in a pan. I will often do that and pour off the sauce to a saucepan and cook it down to more of a saucey consistency. The ribs release quite a bit of liquid when they cook so the sauce is pretty thin without doing that.
Hope that helps!