These slow cooker coffee pork chops are packed with flavor and a kick of caffeine. This recipe features pork chops marinated and seasoned with a coffee rub, then slowly cooked until tender and juicy. This is one of our favorite slow cooker recipes for an easy, healthy family dinner!
How much do I love these slow cooker coffee pork chops? More than most dinners that’s for sure! My household begs me to make this wonderful easy dinner recipe. Delicious rich flavors of coffee and gravy are heavenly. Pork chops are definitely a comfort food recipe.
Is coffee OK for kids?
It’s no secret that coffee contains caffeine, a stimulant. However, there is only one cup of coffee used to make the marinade for this Slow Cooker Coffee Pork Chops recipe. The amount is very minimal and should not be a reason for concern.
What to eat with pork chops for dinner
Coffee pork chops are loaded with deep, savory flavor. We like to serve them with sides of mashed potatoes with roasted garlic, creamy stovetop green beans, and a crusty loaf of bread or some sweet and salty dinner rolls.
Is it safe to freeze cooked pork?
If you have any leftover coffee pork chops, we will be surprised! To freeze cooked pork, you will first need to refrigerate the meat until it’s completely chilled. It can then be wrapped in layers of plastic wrap covered with aluminum foil, or simply store it in a freezer-safe container.
- 2 lb bone-in pork loin chops
- 1 cup fresh coffee
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar try subbing honey
- Make coffee and let cool.
- Make rub
- 1 Gallon bag for 30 mins
1. Combine the coffee, spicy mustard, oregano, pepper, butter, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar(or sub for honey) and pork chops in a 1-gallon zip-top bag and marinate for 3-4 hours.
2. Cook over medium-high heat.
3. Baste with marinade and cook until 145-160 degrees internal temperature. 3-4 hours on high heat depending on the thickness of chop.
4. Allow resting for 3-5 minutes.
5. Cook down remaining liquid, into a sauce or gravy. Pour over pork chops and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1401Total Fat: 74gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 442mgSodium: 791mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 3gSugar: 55gProtein: 118g