Slow cooker french dip sandwiches are the perfect easy dinner! All real ingredients combine quickly in the morning and slow cook all day.
It’s cold, rainy and frankly quite dreary here today. The perfect gray day to tuck a chuck roast into the slow cooker and let it chug away while better things than cooking dinner are being done.
There is something so satisfying about coming home to dinner cooking away. I have to admit to you…even though I work with food for a living, dinner is my nemesis. I’m writing this to you tonight (since this slow cooker french dip was made and eaten weeks ago) after having eaten a very square dinner of yogurt, granola, applesauce with a side of chips with salsa. The mark of a true foodie right there.
Rather than eating these french dip sandwiches today or even my new addiction slow cooker minestrone soup, I instead fought with the video editing software to make you this video, edited far too many photos for clients and shuttled kids around to school.
So whenever I have managed to pull off getting dinner into the slow cooker before I head to the studio I am feeling mighty on top of everything. The dishes may be lingering, there will always be more laundry to fold then I can keep up with, but dinner will be done. And that friends…is still winning.
From one tired momma to your family, I raise my glass to you for nights of delicious slow cooker french dip sandwiches and to nights of cop out yogurt dinners too.
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 32 oz beef broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tb worcestershire sauce
- 1 tb minced garlic
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 8 Hoagies
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Pickled banana peppers
- Add butter and onion to a stovetop slow cooker and sauté until tender (if your slow cooker is not stovetop safe you can do this in a pan or cook on high for 1 hour in slow cooker. You can also eliminate this step entirely if you are in a rush but it does make it extra tasty.)
- Add broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, pepper and chuck roast to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until meat falls apart when shredded with fork.
- Butter hoagies and crisp up on hot pan. Top with meat, provolone cheese, pickles and/or pickled banana peppers. Serve with extra juice on the side for dipping.