This slow cooker Irish beef stew is the perfect dish for chilly nights! Guinness beer simmers down all day with beef stock, veggies and stew meat to create a delicious savory dinner. Serve with biscuits or a good Irish soda bread.
Stew is a class winter meal at our house. The warm comforting combination makes my meat and potato loving family happy campers. But when it starts getting closer to St. Patrick’s Day, or I’m trying to impress my brother who is obsessed with all things Irish, I start thinking Irish stew.
We use a few cans of Guinness along with our stock to give this the most delicious broth and as an added bonus the beer helps tenderize the meat!
Make a big batch of homemade biscuits to go along side of this or a nice loaf of Irish soda bread and you are set for a warm, hearty dinner for any night or the perfect easy St. Patrick’s day recipe.
We are sharing more photos, all our tips for making this the perfect stew and the full Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew recipe over on The Inspired Home today so hop on over to check it out!
- 1 ½-2 pound stew meat beef or venison
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 14.9 ounce cans Guinness beer (or any dark chocolatey stout)
- 28 ounces beef broth
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6-7 carrots chopped *see notes
- 5 potatoes chopped *see notes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter if beef is extra fatty omit this
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup cool water
- 4 small parsnips *see notes
1. Please see Inspired Home's site (link in post) for the full recipe!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 147mg Sodium: 564mg Carbohydrates: 38g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 51g