Watermelon chunks and lime juice are blended together for the perfect summer drink! Add Moscato wine for a perfect easy alcoholic punch for adults!
This was supposed to just be a watermelon limeade post….but I apparently can’t stop putting booze in every drink I create. I suppose there are worse character flaws I could suffer from.
It was all going perfect for this “kid-friendly” post. Everything was photographed and wrapped up. And then there was 1/2 a bottle of Moscato sitting out from another recipe and our half empty glasses…so I just topped them off. Sometimes accidents are the best ideas yet.
This blending watermelon up and adding copious amounts of lime juice kick happens each summer, last year it was the Watermelon Lime Cocktail and ever since it’s gotten warm I can’t stop thinking about it. I got to thinking that it was such a good kids drink that it deserved it’s own post. The boys drink this stuff down in the summertime like it is going out of style.
It’s light and so refreshing and though you can sweeten it with a bit of honey or agave if you want, we love it in it’s simplicity and the boys have never once complained that it wasn’t sweet enough. They are delighted with their “fancy juice” and I’m happy they aren’t chugging down sugary soft drinks. Win-win.
It’s summer in a glass. Cheers!
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1/2-3/4 cup lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons honey optional
- optional 1/2-1 bottle ginger ale
- 1/2-1 bottle chilled Moscato
1. This recipe is really variable with how sweet the watermelons are. Adjust lime juice and honey to the desired taste.
2. Cut up watermelon and scoop out red flesh into a blender until full. Blend on high. Repeat if needed to reach 5 cups juice.
3. Add lime juice.
5. Kids: Serve over ice and (optionally) top with ginger ale.
6. Adults: Serve over ice and top with Moscato.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g