These Whiskey BBQ Instant Pot Ribs melt in your mouth. The sticky sweet and tangy BBQ sauce caramelizes in the oven after for the perfect finish!
We love ribs at our house! When we got our Instant Pot we realized that we could have our ribs in a fraction of the time. This ribs recipe was born.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled so you can share your love of ribs with a small mob of family or friends. Everyone was happily covered in our delicious homemade Boozy BBQ Sauce and hands full of rids.
What to serve with ribs?
You can have all kinds of delicious things with your ribs but here are a few of our favorites. Slow cooker collard greens, classic macaroni, and cheese, herbed potato salad and, crispy corn fritters. Creamy mashed potatoes topped with butter, yum. Classic corn with butter and flaky salt is my favorite. There are corn and tomato coleslaws. That can include spicy jicama or grapefruit. Mango salads are divine too. Have fun with your dinner tonight.
How do you remove the membrane from ribs?
Start with one end of the rack, and slide your dinner knife under the membrane and over a bone. Carefully lift and loosen the membrane until it tears. Grab the edge of the membrane with a paper towel and pull it off completely. The membrane may come off in one whole piece, or you may need to remove it in smaller pieces.
Pairs Well With Whiskey BBQ Instant Pot Ribs:
Happy rib making! Check out the video below to see us make this recipe!
- 1 ½ tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 racks of pork baby back ribs
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup whiskey
- Prepare the dry rub by mixing all the spices together. Rub meat down generously on both sides.
- Add apple juice and apple cider vinegar to Instant Pot.
- Place ribs inside Instant Pot. Close the Instant Pot and set to 35-45 mins on high pressure (we initially said 45 minutes but after further testing most rib rack sizes do better at 35 minutes)
- Carefully remove ribs and set aside on cookie sheet with rack (they will be very tender).
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the meat dripping liquid and return to instant pot, add BBQ sauce ingredients and simmer until thick.
- Remove sauce from heat and baste ribs with sauce (reserve some for serving).
- Broil ribs for 5-10 minutes (until nicely caramelized) watching closely to prevent burning.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 841mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 16g Protein: 8g