Photo Credit to Teresa S.
These ribs are really good. They are a standard in our household. The original recipe from Beverly Carson on Food.com was way too sweet for my liking and I like to slow cook ours much longer than she does so we have switched up a few things to make it work for our family.
These will satisfy any meat lover in your family and are a really great easy entertaining dish for a crowd.
- 3 lbs pork back ribs (country style work great)
- 7 oz honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup brown sugar (do not pack down)
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 med onion chopped
- 12 oz BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Add and subtract items to get flavor profile desired.
- Place in baking dish. Reserve ½ cup sauce. Cover ribs with all of remaining sauce. Cover tightly with foil making sure no air escapes.
- Bake 3 hours. Uncover. If sticky sauce is desired and ribs have released a significant amount of liquid and are swimming in it, drain off some liquid and brush on reserved BBQ sauce. Broil on high for a couple minutes turning if desired.
- Serve immediately with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a salad.