This almond chicken stir fry is a simple 30-minute weeknight dinner with crunchy almonds and a delicious, tangy teriyaki sauce.
Almond Chicken Stir Fry is always a family favorite on a busy night. We love a great stir fry recipe around this house. I’m always looking for a chance to include our popular homemade teriyaki sauce in another delicious recipe.
We top our favorite stir fry recipes with this heavenly easy teriyaki sauce recipe because it is made with only healthy pantry staples!
Plus, it is so simple to whip up you will wonder why you ever bought teriyaki sauce at the store before!
How to make chicken stir fry?
This chicken stir fry recipe is such a quick and easy dish to prepare. All you need is chicken and a bunch of fresh stir fry veggies to mix into our awesome sauce.
A great chicken stir-fry is always best when made packed full of veggies. Try adding bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, snap peas or any of your favorite vegetables.
It is also a great place to use any veggies that might be leftover in your refrigerator. You can serve with either noodles or rice, it is equally delicious.
How to cook chicken stir fry?
We start our stir fry by starting a large wok or a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and cook almonds for 3 minutes. Set aside the almonds for a garnish.
Add cubed uncooked chicken to the hot pan, then add our homemade teriyaki sauce and cook until meat is no longer pink (5-15 minutes).
Toss in your stir fry veggies and cook slightly, your vegetables should emerge crisp and still vibrant. Toss in your pre-cooked noodles and the toasted almonds. Serve and Enjoy!
Almond Chicken Stir Fry
- 8 chicken tenders cubed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 ½ tsp garlic minced garlic
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 1 bag Stir fry veggies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted almonds garnish
- Sesame seeds garnish
- We start our stir fry by heating a large wok or a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and cook almonds for 3 minutes. Set aside almonds for a garnish.
- Add cubed uncooked chicken to the hot pan, then add our homemade teriyaki sauce and cook until meat is no longer pink (5-15 minutes).
- Add in your stir fry veggies and cook slightly, your vegetables should emerge crisp and still vibrant.
- Add in your pre-cooked noodles and the toasted almonds. Serve and Enjoy!
3 Ingredient Easy Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
Basic Easy Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, I like reduced sodium
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4-5 tablespoons honey, to taste
Flavor Add Ins
- 2-4 tablespoons rice vinegar, to taste
- 4 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- In a small pot whisk soy sauce, water, and cornstarch together until smooth. Add any of the optional additional ingredients you are using (vinegar, garlic, ginger, etc) .
- Heat over medium-high heat until warm and then whisk in honey until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and whisk constantly until desired thickness is reached, about 8-10 minutes. Do not leave unattended it thickens quickly once it gets boiling and will rapidly burn.
- Taste and adjust as desired. If too thick, thin with additional water to desired consistency.