This boozy irish cream chai latte is the perfect marriage of warm and cozy flavors. Top it with whipped cream, cinnamon and homemade chocolate sauce if you are feeling extra indulgent.
My all time favorite drink to get while we are out and about is a chai latte with extra whipped cream and lots of cinnamon on top. It just screams winter to me and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Well this boozy irish cream chai latte literally will make you warm and fuzzy inside! We paired a shot of whiskey and a shot of irish cream with our drink base to bump up the warming sensations.
If you have been around here for long you know we are all about the kale salad, avocado toast breakfasts and making stir fry sauces out of real ingredients for our family. You also know that we aren’t afraid to break out the pie and cocktails and pour chocolate over everything. It’s all about balance in our house.
Let’s talk about this chocolate sauce now shall we? It’s creamy and rich and most importantly is literally just chocolate chips melted with some heavy cream. Super easy and fast. Pop the whole thing in the microwave and stir every 30 seconds until it is smooth. You can add a tablespoon of butter if you are feeling it but totally not required.
Now you certainly don’t technically HAVE to pour chocolate sauce on this for it to be delicious. It’s fantastic with the whipped cream and dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg. But…in the name of balance my day needed extra booze and more chocolate in it. You do what’s right for you 🙂
This Irish cream chai latte would be such a perfect drink to make for a holiday party this Christmas season! Pop it in a slow cooker on warm and set out bowls of whipped cream, shakers of cinnamon and nutmeg and of course a little bowl or squeeze bottle of chocolate sauce. Then everyone can fix themselves their perfect version of this drink! Cheers!
Boozy Irish Cream Chai Latte Recipe
- 1/4 cup Chai Concentrate, Sweetened or reduced sugar will work
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup 1% Milk, Depending on strength you like
- 1 1/2 ounces Whiskey
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish Cream
- For Homemade Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- To Serve:
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
- 1. Mix drink ingredients together. Warm gently in small saucepan over medium heat.
To Make Homemade Chocolate Sauce:
- 2. Place chocolate chips and cream in a small bowl and microwave in 10-30 second increments (depending on strength of your microwave).
- 3. Stir between sessions vigorously until sauce is melted and smooth. You could also use a double boiler if you don't have a microwave.
- 4. Serve with whipped cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
This Boozy Irish Cream Chai Latte post was the start of a new collaboration I am working on for Food Fanatic’s website. I encourage you to jump on over and take a peek at all their amazing recipes!