This Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops recipe is juicy, tender, and full of flavor.
Serve these with mash potatoes and steamed vegetables. Smother those potatoes with brown gravy and the pork chops in wonderful cream gravy, sooooo good! Perfect homemade comfort food for a hungry family. Long Winter days are the best time to bring on the comfort food recipes. Enjoy!
How to cook pork chops?
If your pork chops has a large bone, you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time. Sprinkle both sides with two teaspoons of salt and the black pepper. Over high heat, warm a large skillet that can fit the 3 chops without crowding them. Put the pork chops into the hot pan on the stove. Cook the chops without moving them at all until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Then flip to repeat on the other side. Remove pork chops and set in slow cooker. Add Chicken Broth and cook in slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat. Remove pork chops and set aside. Pour cream into the crock pot and whisk until thickened by the heat. Pour over the pork chops and enjoy!
How long to slow cook pork chops?
Pork needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 F. If your pork chops have a bone then they will take a few minutes longer to cook compared to boneless pork chops. Total time of 3-4 hours on High heat and 6-8 Hours on Low heat.
Crock Pot Pork Chops
- 2 pounds bone-in pork loin chops
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced or about 1/4 cup
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp thyme fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- Sprinkle each side of pork chops with spices.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add butter, garlic, and onion.
- Move onions and garlic to the side of the pan and add seasoned pork chops.
Saute for about 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
Transfer contents of the pan to slow cooker.
Add chicken broth.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4.
Remove pork chops and cover to keep warm.
- Add cream to a frying pan on high heat and whisk.
Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes until thickened to desired consistency.
- To thicken sauce further. Mix a ¼ cup of cream and 1 tablespoon of corn starch together. Mix well and add to cream. Heat for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour gravy over pork chops and garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!