These crepes whip up in a snap and are perfect for breakfast, dinner or dessert! Fill them with fruit, greek yogurt and whipped cream for breakfast or veggies, cheese, and salsa for dinner.
Saturday morning breakfasts are a big deal in our household and so a few weekends ago I whipped up some easy blender crepes to go with all the beautiful blackberries we had picked on our little family outing. Noah is basically obsessed with pancakes and would literally eat them every meal of the day if I let him, so crepes seemed like a good chance at passing the “pancake” mark.
These crepes are light and tender and yet they don’t just rip in half like some recipes which was great. And you make them in a blender which equals awesome in Noah’s world because he gets to help push the buttons and scream while it whirls around and around.
The real secret reason behind these? I’m prepping him for eating dinner crepes filled with meat and cheese and veggies and calling it a “pancake”. Ha! We get creative around these parts when it comes to dinner time.
This particular Saturday we had also stocked up on Tillamook’s Farmstyle Greek Vanilla yogurt. Helllllloooo….have you tried this stuff? It’s like freaking crack! (And nope we aren’t perked to say that!) It’s truly like no yogurt I’ve ever eaten….it’s more like pastry cream honestly, it’s so. freaking. good.
It’s also not what we call “real” yogurt around here since it does have quite a bit of sugar in it and we don’t try to eat sugar as a mainstay of our diets….but every so often we splurge on what we call “dessert yogurt” in our house. And every so often when its in the house I can be found at 1 a.m. sneaking a bowl so my kids don’t immediately start bombarding me asking me what’s in my mouth….
So start with a good amount of greek yogurt.
And pile on the fresh fruit…
Take approximately 5 billion pictures of it because its so freaking pretty.
While your almost 3 year old almost loses his mind.
And then devour…
Phin of course (the child who eats everything) also approved.
This is going to have to happen again soon.
This recipe was pulled from one of the cookbooks I checked out a few weeks ago….Weeknights With Giada (<—affiliate link). I’ve made a handful of recipes out of it so far and all of them have been spot on.
Easy Blender Crepe Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into 10 cubes
- Serving suggestions:
- Thick Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Peanut Butter
- 1. Blend eggs, milk, flour, sugar, and salt until completely blended.
- 2. Place plate or cookie sheet to warm in the oven at 170 degrees or WARM setting.
- 3. Heat a 10-inch nonstick pan over medium-low heat with a pat of butter in the pan, turning to evenly coat as it melts.
- 4. Add 1/4 cup of the batter and quickly tilt pan in a circular motion to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until set and slightly browned (1-2 minutes) Release crepe from the pan with a nonstick spatula and very quickly and gently flip the crepe over.
- 5. Transfer crepe to plate in oven and repeat process until completed.
- 6. Fill as desired.