These healthy chocolate crepes are made with whole wheat flour (spelt flour) and honey. They are kid approved and perfect for special occasions!
*The blender for this post and the giveaway were provided by Blendtec. We were not compensated further or required to post a positive review*
We absolutely love crepes and I am always a huge fan of anything that can be made in the blender! Add in chocolate to the equation and I knew we had a sure fire winner.
I was so excited to try out Blendtec’s Blender and Wild Side Jar and I was not disappointed. We have been blending up smoothies every morning, soups, my morning coffee drinks and now these awesome crepes!
Honey and a pinch of salt rounds it out.
Give it a whirl for about 20 seconds and you are ready to cook!
We paired our healthy chocolate crepes with some lightly honey sweetened Greek yogurt, strawberries and the lightest dusting of powdered sugar for the perfect special treat!
Chocolate Crepes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients for 20 seconds.
- Heat a well-seasoned cast iron or nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add a splash of olive oil or butter to pan to lightly coat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into measuring cup and hold the cup in the left hand. With a spoon in right hand quickly pour batter into center and immediately use the back of a spoon to spread batter evenly into a circle.
- Cook until you can loosen sides with a rubber spatula easily (about 30-45 seconds). Slide a pancake turner underneath crepe and flip it. Cook until finished and transfer to a plate in a warm oven until all are completed.
- Serve immediately with honey-sweetened yogurt, fruit, whipped cream, powdered sugar, etc.