This healthy grilled Mexican corn is always the star of the party. We substitute greek yogurt for mayonnaise for a healthy swap, add crumbly Mexican cheese, spices, cilantro and plenty of lime juice.
I don’t mean to scream at you today but please….you HAVE to make this corn! It’s literally a party in your mouth with all that sweet roasty corn, creamy yogurt cheese sauce and all those glorious spices. You can do like I did and dump a whole lot more cilantro on your piece than is reasonable and cover it with lime juice.
Oh my gosh…so good.
Don’t skip the limes, they make all that creamy sauce pop into those zinging high notes that make your mouth do a happy dance.
Then dig in and get it all over your face. And don’t even apologize, just grab a napkin and another piece of corn and embrace the finger licking goodness.
Definitely plan on at least 1 1/2-2 pieces per person. They fly off the platters like hot cakes.
Pair this healthy grilled Mexican corn with your favorite grilled meat and a side salad for the perfect easy entertaining menu. Don’t forget the margaritas or spiced honey mojitos!
And yes…you can totally invite me to your party 😉
- 8 ears of fresh corn
- 1 1/4 cup greek yogurt nonfat or full fat works great
- 2.5 ounces 1/4 of a 10 oz package mexican cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder we like ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced finely
- 4 limes cut in wedges
1. Pull back husks on corn and remove silks. Trim the husks if desired or remove all together but leave the stalk for a nice handle.
2. Grill over a hot grill turning every 10 minutes or so (more frequent if your grill has hot spots) until corn is cooked through and nicely blackened in spots, about 35 minutes total.
3. Combine yogurt and cheese in a bowl.
4. Combine chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl
5. Slather hot corn with yogurt sauce, top with spice mixture, cilantro, and squeeze lime over or serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g