This homemade jerk seasoning mix is the perfect thing to keep on hand to spice up chicken, shrimp or fish! No fillers and easy to customize to your tastes.
Recently I’ve been trying to mix it up in the spice department. Our little family defaults to Mexican food so this girl knows how to spice the tar out of everything with cumin and chili powder. But jerk seasoning? That was a little harder. So we started experimenting and came up with this mixture.
I love it because it’s simple to mix up and uses ingredients we keep on hand but it’s a total mix up in the dinner flavor department! It’s perfect for turning your same old same old dinners into something new with nothing but a spice blend swap.
- Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
1. Mix all ingredients together and store in a tightly sealed jar.
2. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to make a big batch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1/4 cup Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4315mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g