These mini chewy honey cookies are made with all whole grains and natural sweeteners but they are so light and sweet no one ever knows! Just the right size for kids (and adults) after dinner splurge.
We are so excited to be partnering with Madhava (makers of this amazing organic honey) to bring you this recipe!
It is cookie season in full force! After weeks already of testing and cookie exchanges I am plumped up from all the white sugar and white flour that we lovingly pack into the little morsels. I am all for splurging occasionally but around our house we try really hard to keep the white flour and sugar at bay.
We lightened these cookies up but let me tell you….all the guys that were around the house were gobbling these guys up as fast as we could make them. Healthier and delicious is my favorite way to make the holidays happen.
These chewy honey cookies are hands down my new favorite way to do that and still be in the holiday spirit. We use spelt flour (our favorite whole grain flour), honey and coconut sugar to make these a healthier twist for the holidays.
And they are teeeny! They turned out looking way bigger in the photos but these are perfect little half dollar piece sized cookies. I love that stay super uniform in shape too when you cook them so they are perfect for putting out at your next get together. Or you could build a giant stack of mini cookies like all those fancy food bloggers do.
Which lasts for approximately 15 seconds before toppling over. This is so not my skill set.
We are obsessed with honey around this house and Madhava‘s is one of our all time favorites. It’s sweet but not overpowering and I LOVE that it is all 100% organic.
It is always so refreshing to find great companies with amazing real products that I feel great about giving to my family. We also used some of their coconut sugar in these cookies. I love the caramel flavor it brings to everything I use it in (and it’s pretty brown color for sprinkling on things). I have been using it in place of brown sugar in a ton of different recipes.
- ½ cup Madhava coconut sugar (sifted) plus extra for rolling
- ½ cup (1 US stick) salted butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Madhava honey
- 1½-2 cups spelt flour (less gives more of an oatmeal cookie type consistency)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and coconut sugar with mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and honey and mix until combined.
- Combine all dry ingredients together and add in two batches to wet mixture.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a teaspoon (not a typo) scoop out a completely rounded scoop (about 2 teaspoons total) and roll in coconut sugar. Press flat in hand and shape round. They will be the size of quarters roughly and will double in size.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Allow to cool completely then serve plain, drizzle with honey, or a simple glaze if desired.