We took all the flavors of the spinach artichoke beloved dip and turned it into these Spinach Artichoke Turnovers! They are a party hit every time we make them.
Guilty pleasure alert. There are few things in life that I love more than a ridiculously cheesy spinach and artichoke dip. Like creating this wonderful artichoke spinach easy turnover recipe! The trouble is I can single-handedly eat the entire dish if I’m not careful!
And my boys aren’t exactly in the “polite dipping” category quite yet. So when I whipped up our incredible Jalapeno Popper Turnovers for a party a while back I knew I needed something for the boys that wasn’t so spicy.
This was my brainchild! Healthy? Nope not really, but if you are gonna splurge I’d be willing to bet one of these is fewer calories then eating the whole pan of dip!
Let’s just call it built-in portion control. I make a point of serving these to our guests while they are hot and then moving away from the tray so I don’t accidentally find 3 of them in my mouth while I’m chatting.
In addition to the artichoke hearts and spinach, we added Sabra hummus to them for a nice garlicky creamy filling in addition to the cream cheese and cheese. I love the flavor it adds!
They are absolutely delicious!
Spinach Artichoke Easy Turnovers Recipe
- 1 17 ounces package puff pastry, thawed! (should have 2 sheets in a box)
- 1 8 ounces package cream cheese
- 1 can, 13.75 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup garlic hummus
- 1-2 cups mixed cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Make filling: warm cream cheese in microwave for 30-40 seconds until it is easily stirred. Add artichoke hearts, spinach, and hummus and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Roll out your sheets of puff pastry to twice its size with a lightly floured rolling pin. And cut it into 18 equal pieces (9 per sheet--most boxes have 2 sheets).
- Top each turnover with a heaping spoonful of filling and sprinkling of cheese.
- Whisk an egg well and brush on the egg around all edges. Fold over and crimp with a fork.
- Slice 2-3 air vents per turnover to allow steam to escape.
- Egg wash the tops and top with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake for 22 minutes until golden and delicious.