This thai chicken salad is packed with veggies, keeps perfectly for days and takes 5 minutes. Make a batch for your next get together or hoard it all for your lunches!
This post is part of our ongoing collaboration with Sabra Hummus.
I don’t mean to holler at you but have you heard the news? It’s National Hummus Day! Which is pretty much our households favorite food holiday.
This year we are celebrating this perfect hummus filled day with a gorgeous crunchy fresh thai salad with a super creamy delicious thai peanut dressing. And our little secret? That peanut sauce gets it’s creamy consistency from our favorite healthy swap….hummus!
Instead of gobs of peanut butter in the thai peanut dressing, we subbed in hummus for that same consistency and then finished it with just a bit of peanut butter. Same awesome peanut filled flavor but way better for you! Which is a good thing since I ate half of this recipe by myself before it got home….oops.
In case you are wondering if this falls into one of those “hippy crunchy foods” as my husband calls it I’ll just leave this picture right here. Yum!
We ate this as a stand alone salad and then also had it over noodles which was a delicious twist. The great thing about this salad is that the base is kale and broccoli slaw which means you don’t end up with wilted greens in 2 minutes. This salad actually gets better the longer it sits as the thai salad dressing slowly soften the vegetables.
And since it is National Hummus Day you can score your own coupon over at Sabra.com to snag a container for even cheaper! Go now! Grab a coupon and make this salad this week. Then hurry back over here and join us in our hummus addiction.
Don’t forget to check out some of our other hummus recipes if you are needing more inspiration: Jalapeno Popper Turnovers, Hummus Stuffed Mushrooms, and Weeknight Beef Gyros are just a few of our favorites!
Thai Chicken Salad with Creamy Peanut Hummus Dressing
- ½ cup Sabra original hummus
- ½ cup sweet chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4-6 cups finely chopped kale stems removed
- 2 cups broccoli slaw roughly chopped (prepackaged with the salads in produce)
- 1 large chicken breast shredded
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup basil chopped
- Additional: extra lime juice and rice wine vinegar
- Combine sauce.
- Toss all salad ingredients together and add half of sauce. Toss. Serve immediately or store before serving for a slightly softened salad. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Note: extra lime juice and rice wine vinegar may be needed over time to soften the salad. It will continue to absorb sauce as it sits so keep on hand and taste before serving so it isn't too dry.
This post is part of our ongoing partnership with Sabra hummus. We are honored to partner with companies we believe in to bring you unique delicious recipes each week.