This stuffed french toast is the perfect easy camping breakfast. Creamy mascarpone paired with juicy blackberries makes the best filling ever!
This post is brought to you in collaboration with the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association.
Getting out in the woods is one of our family’s favorite things. But eating amazingly delicious food is also one of our favorite things. We are big believers that the two should go hand in hand as much as possible!
Our boys are convinced that this is the best camping breakfast out there! French toast is always a win at our house as a weekend splurge. But when I started adding Galbani Mascarpone and juicy fresh blackberries to it, I officially blew their minds!
Now when it comes to camping I am a big advocate for easy and quick recipes most of the times. But sometimes we like to head out for a morning activity with just a quick bite and then come back for a more leisurely breakfast. This stuffed french toast recipe works for both kinds of mornings!
If you are in a rush and just want breakfast done right away, you can toss the dipped stuffed “sandwiches” right onto a hot cast iron griddle over the camp stove. Easy peasy and it’s ready in just minutes. Or if you want to linger, build the campfire up and “bake” this in a pan over the fire until it is cooked through and cut it into slices.
The creamy mascarpone melts down into the bread and the blackberries soften into the perfect sweet cheesy filling. I may have been known to dollop more mascarpone and berries over the top of the casserole-style version just before it’s done. It’s such a versatile base recipe that you can really spruce it up with whatever you like here.
Serve it up with plenty of bacon or sausage, orange juice, and coffee and breathe in the crisp camping morning air.
More camping recipes here.
101 Stress Free Camping Food Ideas
Be sure to visit Easy Home Meals for more incredible recipe ideas!
Stuffed French Toast
Scale This Recipe
- 8-12 Slices Bread depending on thickness
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 container Galbani Mascarpone
- 1 cup Blackberries
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Lay out bread and spread on a thick layer of Galbani Mascarpone on each piece of bread.
- Add blackberries to half of the bread slices.
- Sandwich the bread together and press down.
- Dip each sandwich in egg mixture.
- If cooking on pan: place each slice in hot greased cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook until crispy and cooked through (about 4-5 mins) on each side.
- If baking: line a loaf pan with foil, spray with nonstick spray and add all the pieces to the pan. Wrap tightly with foil and bake over the fire until cooked through (45 minutes to an hour normally).
- Serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!
This post is brought to you in collaboration with the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association. We are grateful to our partners who enable us to bring you gorgeous recipe content every week for free!