Looking for a perfect 30 minute dinner? This tropical jerk chicken rice bowl is packed with fresh flavors and always a family pleaser!
Say hello to your next addiction. It’s sweet and a little spicy and packed with so many amazing flavors I can’t even explain how happy it makes my mouth. Bonus? It’s made with rotisserie chicken so you can toss this together after a busy day with no stress at all.
First up….rice. I make a big pot and use it throughout the week but if you haven’t started it gets it going asap.
Next up toss rotisserie chicken in some olive oil and jerk seasoning. Easy. Chop up fresh pineapple, half of the pineapple gets tossed in with the chicken and get that combo into a saute pan to get crispy and hot. Set the other half aside for fresh topping. If you are in a rush toss in your bell pepper slices here. If not we will blister them a bit later for blackened perfection.
Chop up your papaya, cabbage, and cilantro. The cabbage gets put in some seasoned rice vinegar to give it a nice zing (you just pickled something! go you!).
If you are in a rush and want this fast what I do is grab store bought guacamole and I skip blistering the red bell peppers and just toss them in with the chicken. But if you have a few more minutes totally worth making homemade guac up quickly and getting those red bells all toasty on your stovetop or under the broiler. That’s maybe 10 minutes more. Maybe. So worth it.
The sauce is a cheater sauce. There is no from scratch sauce making happening tonight. Grab some teriyaki sauce (you want the thicker glazed kind of sauce), some sweet chile sauce, and a squirt of sriracha. Mix it all together and pour it on baby.
Don’t forget those crunchy sesame seeds and coconut slivers and load it up with all the cilantro you can handle!
We’ve got this whole midweek dinner thing down.
Tropical Jerk Chicken Rice Bowl Recipe
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons jerk seasoning our homemade version
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup fresh papaya
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup quick pickled cabbage
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- chopped cilantro
- Teriyaki Sweet Chile Sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce/glaze**
- 1 tablespoon sweet chile sauce**
- ½ teaspoon sriracha sauce to taste–add more if you like it extra hot!
- 1. Blister the red bell peppers on all sides on a gas stovetop or under the broiler.
- 2. Remove core and seeds once cooled and cut into strips.
- 3. Toss chicken in jerk seasoning and crisp up in pan with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- 4. Add pineapple chunks and cook until chicken is crispy and pineapple is caramelized.
- 5. Add chicken and pineapple to rice bowls, top with papaya, fresh pineapple, guacamole, quick pickled cabbage, radish slices and red bell pepper strips.
- 6. Top with unsweetened coconut flakes, chopped cilantro and the teriyaki sweet chile sauce. Enjoy!