This Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry is the perfect easy weeknight dinner! Our easy homemade teriyaki sauce tastes just like take out!
Life with 3 kids under 6 is (not gonna lie) kind of insane right now – ha! Getting dinner on the table each night, even with food being my career, is still a struggle.
But having an arsenal of quick dinner recipes up my sleeve is the saving grace to making dinner happen, at least most of the time!
Pizza and cereal are also totally legit options that happen here too though, lest you think I have this all under control constantly – haha.
This easy teriyaki chicken stir fry recipe is one of my go-to dinner recipes. Honestly, you don’t even really need a stir-fry recipe, you can just whip it together!
I use my famous easy teriyaki sauce recipe and it all comes together in no time at all!
How do you make tasty chicken stir fry?
The secret to making a really good stir-fry lies in using good quality, fresh ingredients.
You totally CAN make teriyaki chicken stir fry using frozen veggies, but it’s never going to be as tasty as using fresh ones. So if you can swing it, just spend the extra 5 minutes and prep fresh veggies.
Grabbing pre-chopped stir fry veggies from the grocery store salad bar or the produce section is a quick way to achieve this too!
What vegetables go with teriyaki chicken?
One of the best things about a stir-fry recipe like teriyaki chicken is that it’s versatile. You can use any combination of veggies that your family enjoys.
I like to use carrots, broccoli, pea pods, bell peppers, and for a burst of color, purple cabbage.
How do you make teriyaki chicken?
Once you get your stir fry sauce going and your rice cooking (I like to make instant pot rice!), get your wok super hot.
We want to start with cooking off the chicken really quickly. It only takes a few minutes to get this done, so don’t get distracted!
Remove the chicken and quickly cook up the veggies. This won’t take long at all, just a few minutes. You want them to be just al dente so that they don’t fall apart on you.
I love using a variety of colors and textures to keep it fresh and vibrant! Look at all those beautiful colors!
My mama’s brain gets happy about all of the nutrients that I know I am sneaking into the kids with this dish.
The kids like to get in on the action too and make up their own version of the teriyaki chicken stir fry recipe.
We choose all the different vegetables together at the store, then I let them help toss them into the pan. It really helps encourage them to eat the meal when it makes it to the table.
Because let’s be real here, there is nothing worse than cooking a great dinner and having everyone whine about it (can I get an amen?!).
Once the veggies are done, just add the chicken back into the wok, along with the teriyaki sauce!
Teriyaki Chicken Sides
Some tasty Asian side dishes to serve with the teriyaki chicken stir fry are:
Noodles are a great option to serve instead of rice. You will want to cook them separately from the stir-fry and then toss them in right at the end, just to finish them off.
I hope you make this easy teriyaki chicken stir fry for your family soon!
Easy Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lb chicken chopped in bite size chunks
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup carrots julienned or shredded
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- Serve with steamed rice or noodles
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and green onions
- 1. Make your teriyaki sauce if you are making one from scratch and allow it to simmer while you assemble stir fry.
2. Heat coconut oil in wok over high heat until very hot.
- 3. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Cook chicken quickly in wok until cooked through. Set aside.
- 5. Return wok to high heat and add another bit of coconut oil.
- 6. Add in veggies and cook for 3-4 minutes until just al dente tossing frequently.
- 7. If using store bought sauce: remove veggies and add sauce to wok to warm.
- 8. Then return veggies, chicken and noodles (if using) to pan and cook 2 additional minutes.
- 9. If using homemade sauce: leave veggies in wok and add chicken, sauce and noodles (if using) to pan and cook 2 additional minutes.
(If not using noodles, serve over rice)
10. Top with roasted sesame seeds and green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!
For more great recipe; Easy Chicken Stir Fry, 3 Ingredient Easy Teriyaki Sauce Recipe and, Healthy Stir Fry Sauce.
2 thoughts on “Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry”
This stir fry recipe is gorgeous! I can’t wait to make it for family.
This reipce looks super healthy and delicious. I bet my kids gonna love it when I make for them this weekend. Can’t wait!